Monday, 2 January 2012

Self Explanitory

I decided today is THE day! After losing 140lbs over 2 years and gaining about 15 back in the last 6 months- I looked in the mirror this morning and did not like what I saw. My clothes are tight and that pesky double chin has been creeping back into my holiday pictures.

I am the ANTI satisfied when it comes to my weight. I don't even know what it would feel like to be satisfied with the number on the scale. I'm always happy to see it go down and I am proud of what I have accomplished in the past two years, but I am not "satisfied.".

So, like I said, today is the day that I have decided to get back on track with seeing my weight go down and my body shape up. The food (not eating so much crappy stuff) is the hardest part for me, I've got terrible cravings especially for sweets! But so far, so good and I decided to reward myself with 30 minutes on the elliptical too.

Now I feel that nice, warm core, muscular, empty feeling. THAT I am satisfied with. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yup, it's time but it seems hard to get going until we reach a "tipping point" as it were. It is so easy to drift into old habits and then we must break them once again. You already know you can do it. It's a matter of making up our minds and being consistent with our eating and exercising (but you already knew that). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very hard for a lot of people to ever be satisfied with a number. Especially people that are wired a certain way (i.e. overacheivers!). It sounds like your head is in the right space and you know exactly what you need to do to continue down the weight loss path.

    ReplyDelete